Monday, January 20, 2014

New Year, New Beginning

2013 was a great year for me.  It was the second year I worked with the public.  A lot of hustling and networking increased my sales over 200%  from the previous year. WOW!!

Helium Shortage did not affect me at all as I began to introduce more air-filled creations.  I still get many consumers asking for helium balloons because that is what they know.  But if helium runs out (which I doubt will ever happen), consumers will be at a crossroad as to whether to continue to invest in balloons for decorations.  As I have mentioned in previous posts, air-filled designs are a better investment than helium because you pay for the art that could last up to a week (and beyond)  as opposed to 8-10 hours of helium.

At year end, I decided to challenge myself in creating a balloon arch different from my competitors.  I call it the story-telling arch. This was strictly a personal project for myself.  My first design from this creation is called "Here Comes Santa Claus" (fig 1).  It was a hit on facebook and instagram.  Especially instagram ending the year with 186 followers and gaining an additional 28 in 2 1/2 weeks into 2014 to a total of 213.

I would like to thank all those who have supported me last year.  If it wasn't for you, I would have never grew to this much of success.  Looking forward to a better year.  As for the arch, here is the story in a nutshell:

Fig. 1

Elves are at the north pole checking off lists and prepping gifts.
An elf misses a present into Santa's bag as he takes off in the sky. But fortunately, in spite of the mishap, a delightful girl awakens on Christmas day to gifts under a tree.








So you may be thinking about a story you want to tell in your design whether it is an arch, a column, bouquet, centerpiece, or pedestal.  Tell PoP! about it and it can be designed for you for your next party or gift.  Contact Ja'Net Wyatt by phone or text at 818.835.5303 or email at popballoons1@gmail.com.  Please give at least 2 1/2 weeks advance to book parties for evenings and weekends as my schedule does fill up.
Thank you for your business in advance and stay posted ;o)



No comments:

Post a Comment